Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Family!


Well, Zachary is almost a week old and it has been such a joy to have him in our little family. We cannot stop staring and laughing at all of his hilarious facial expressions and at his cute little wiggles and squirms. There is nothing greater in the world than to look down at his sweet little face and know that he is ours forever. On the other hand, he is lucky he is so dang cute because I am having an interesting time adjusting to his sleep patterns, or the lack thereof! His first night home from the hospital he was up and very fussy until about 3am. Then on night two he thought he would try that again. Night three, however, he decided to wait a few more hours to finally fall asleep--6am!!!! It's been a while since I have pulled an all-nighter like that! Since Todd has to go to work all day, Mom stepped in and was such a big help. I am not sure I would have made it through that long night without her there with me. Luckily he sleeps a lot during the day so I have gotten in some good naps. I have so much more respect for Mom's everywhere!! I am learning quickly that it's a hard job, but SO WORTH IT! The past two days I have cut out some suggested foods from my diet in hopes that that would help his "gas" ,which I am convinced is why he was awake for so long, and he has been sleeping like an angel! So, I guess no more spcicy foods and chocolate for a while!!! Darn!

















































1 comment:

Doug Perkes said...

Carly, your baby is so cute. hjk 3 24 41qwertzxcvbvyuioiolophjkl

love,

ANNA K PERKES