Saturday, May 17, 2008


Here's some pix from today's hike (?) that Grandpa and I went on. It's called 7 Falls and it's way more beautiful than these pictures show. You can't see all 7 in this picture. You'll have to see for yourself when you get here. We didn't climb up to the top obviously (342 stairs), but we took an elevator inside the mountain next to the falls. I used my binoculars to looks for bears and cougars--didn't find any, but I saw some red berries on the top of a very tall pine tree that I was eye-to-eye with! Grandpa was through looking at the falls in 2 minutes, but I made him wait while I soaked in every pine needle, rock, and chipmunk I saw. Amazing fact--we drove 3/4's up the mountain, and we were still at a lower elevation than our house in Monument. The deer were oblivious to anything but the new spring grass and baby leaves they could reach. Dad was still in Reno. It's not near as much fun as sharing it with him.

No comments: